Post your website here! - Page 35 -...

User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Boyd Godfrey wrote:
Just tossed onto the intertube last night.
This is the third site I've done with VSD and the first business site I've put together.
Still tuning and detailing but here it is...
www.sign-here.ca

Pretty Nice! Really like the header with the matching navigation buttons. :)
I do think your text size could be a bit bigger, hard to read againt the black background. The blue hyperlinks are hard to see against the black too. The Necessities and Gallery pages have a long blank space at the bottom but maybe you have things planned for there?
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Started this site with the beta release of VSD 7 using a template. Finally got it done and live, it's a site for my medical profession. (my real job)
Comments appreciated! :)

timbanishcota.info

User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Thanks Tim,
I'm guessing I'll need to take the site for a spin on my laptop.
I've been building it on my desktop system with a big monitor and everything looks okay on it.
The necessites and gallery pages will be added to pretty soon, hence all the extra real estate at the bottom.
- Boyd
www.sign-here.ca
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Yes, your text is tiny on my wide screen laptop. I can read it but it's not very friendly to read.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Tom, it does indeed look small on my widescreen laptop too.
Another issue, don't know if you're seeing it on yours, but on my laptop the slideshow on the homepage is showing a backwards "L" shaped white void area on the bottom and right side of the photos but on my desktop system the pics fill the entire area...any ideas?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Tweak the html for the height and width of the movie. It looks as if the html dimensions are larger than the swf dimensions.
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

So Tom, as usual I'm a little confused...
Where can I see or edit my swf dimensions?
The html appears to be exactly what I set the sixe at which is 360 x 282. - Boyd
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

When you create the gallery, it gives you some html code to insert into VSD or html page. I have never seen the dimensions to be wrong but that white space you are seeing on the page is the area reserved for the flash movie and it appears the movie is smaller than that space. So my natural inclination is to adjust that html code to be smaller in height and width. The height and width of the movie is also found in the xml file the gallery produces.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,218 posts

Boyd do you have your screen zoomed up because it looks fine in all my browsers.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Eric, that's the strange part of this is that it looks fine on my desktop and two of the three laptops in our home.
The only significant difference with the one laptop is that it's running Windows 7.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.