Post your website here! - Page 89 -...

User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

Dazza, clever and engaging with the use of color! :):):)
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

User 445604 Photo

10 posts

Thanks James,
Jo and eric, i fixed the link colour
User 17975 Photo

Ambassador
14 posts

coyote wrote:
Check out my site..
www.robertguerraphotographer.com
Tell me what you think

I would put a line space between your paragraph's for easier reading ( http://iprofoto.com/RobertGuerraPhotographerBio.html ).
User 2176485 Photo

84 posts

Made with VSD... http://www.matrixlloyd.com

Like?

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nicely done Benjamin. Course purple being my favorite color doesn't make me biased a bit :P Love the look though, well done :)
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

ok...here is my "latest, (maybe not so)greatest" but just the same... 5pointsswing.com

I used (borrowed, stole) a file for the bg from someone on the vsd forum (I'm want to say it was paintbrush... thanks for making it!! ) but changed the color to protect the innocent.

So far the only person with any kind of issue was one version of chrome where things did not align on one of the pages...however, they align on everyone elses, so not much I know to do. All other feedback with everyones (band mates) setups seems to work.

Everyone have a great day!

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mark,

A few issues with your site:

1. Pleaseee resize your images so they are the exact size you are going to be showing them on the website. Right now your pages load much much slower than they should due to the image sizes all being huge.

The reason for this is because even though the view port (image that actually shows on the page) might only be a small sized looking setup, it's really still loading the entire large image that you are using. It's never good to use scaled images (that's what you are basically doing on your site, scaling the view area so that it "looks" like a smaller picture) because it never saves loading time.

Try resizing your images to the size of the view area and you'll find your pages loading a whole lot faster. If you need help with this just hollar and I'm sure some of us can lend a hand on how to do this.

2. The music notes are falling behind some areas of the page by the music players. You may need to adjust the z levels to fix this, not sure how to do that in VSD though but someone may know here.

3. Your pages are too wide, you need to adjust the width so that there isn't a scrollbar at the bottom of the pages.

Other than that it's a very nicely done site, good job :)
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

Jo Ann,

Thanks for the feedback and kind words.
It was kinda hard to get started on that site as I didnt know what to put for a 40's dance band (and at the time I started it, there was no name for the band). And, I am not a web guy by trade. I'm an old finance man. ha!

Yes, I know the picture is large...it will be gone soon...right now the site has not really been advertised except to the band members. As time allows, I will put an image scroller or something on there.

I can bring the notes to the front, but I kinda liked the way they go behind some and not others...gives depth (imho)

The page width is something Im still fixing...there seems to be some code causing the mal-adjustment...you will note the "contact us" page does not have that problem and the pages are all the same width. However, while the scroll bar exists, one does not have to use it as all content is inside the page. If I use a more narrow deminsion, the page actually goes away off the edge of the page. Im sure its user-error, but I have not been able to find the culprit. I thought it was the menu, but removing it did not fix it.

Thanks, again, for the nice and constructive feedback. I will be working on the fixes asap.

Mark

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Mark,

A few issues with your site:

1. Pleaseee resize your images so they are the exact size you are going to be showing them on the website. Right now your pages load much much slower than they should due to the image sizes all being huge.

The reason for this is because even though the view port (image that actually shows on the page) might only be a small sized looking setup, it's really still loading the entire large image that you are using. It's never good to use scaled images (that's what you are basically doing on your site, scaling the view area so that it "looks" like a smaller picture) because it never saves loading time.

Try resizing your images to the size of the view area and you'll find your pages loading a whole lot faster. If you need help with this just hollar and I'm sure some of us can lend a hand on how to do this.

2. The music notes are falling behind some areas of the page by the music players. You may need to adjust the z levels to fix this, not sure how to do that in VSD though but someone may know here.

3. Your pages are too wide, you need to adjust the width so that there isn't a scrollbar at the bottom of the pages.

Other than that it's a very nicely done site, good job :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mark,

Just so you're aware on the image issue, it's not just the one on the front page, all the little tiny images on some of your other pages are actually huge ones too so those should all be resized too.

Hmm after looking at the pages again, it seems the only page that has the horizontal scroll bar is the one with the falling notes on it. Maybe check that script to see if it has a wider setup than your site and adjust that. Just guessing here, but seems to be something that is constant only on that page and about the only difference I can see between the pages. Hopefully that is the culprit and an easy fix :)

And no worries about not being a web guy, you did a really nice job setting it up and the tweaks will most likely not be too painful so pat yourself on the back for a job well done :)
User 2164562 Photo

51 posts

benjaminpalma wrote:
Made with VSD... http://www.matrixlloyd.com

Like?

Its looks great !! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.