Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 617527 Photo

1 post

You should make the software have unlimited product options like most other shopping carts. I sell custom wigs that have 23 custom options. Your software only allows 5 product options so merchants that sell products with more than 5 product options like me cannot use the software.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I would like the search box to rest on top of my header rather than push the header out of position. I guess a z-index layer is really what I am after.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

dodgebill wrote:
Why a flat file DB only? My knowledge is in SQL and it works great. Very secure and allows for a lot more flexibility. Yes, it increases server load and adds a lot of complexity and security requirements BUT... it's fast, clean, easily expandable and a safe way to store data. Again, just a thought...:/

The problem is that some people would just get overwhelmed with trying to set up a mysql database and setting users and priveliges etc. Cart Creator was designed as a simpler cart solution that allowed users to get a shop quickly on the net without having to get involved too much on the technical side of things. The pro version added some much needed extra features, but still allows the basic ease of use that most Coffeecup customers have specifically asked for.

I too would have preferred the pro version to have mysql integration, but that would have alienated all the folks that just wanted to upgrade their existing shops and would have introduced a complexity that not everyone would have welcomed.
User 417330 Photo

3 posts

On the pages section I have to use html to insert pictures. It would be nice to have a add an image button to be able to easily add an image.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Rex Hunter wrote:
On the pages section I have to use html to insert pictures. It would be nice to have a add an image button to be able to easily add an image.

Right on Rex. That seems like a really obvious tool to have in the cart program. Wonder why its not? hmmm?
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2137031 Photo

37 posts

Two requests:

1. Be able to link "like" products. Would like to be able to say, if you are interested in this, you might also be interested in this other products. If you buy this, you might also be interested in this other accessory.

2. Need to be able to offer gift certificates/coupon redemption.
User 132051 Photo

2 posts

Having downloaded the trial version of shoppingcartpro, I'd love the coffeecup shoppingcart software to "talk to" the Coffee Cup HTML editor.

I already have a nice 3-column site set up and running and would love to easily integrate that template into the shoppingcart program - and can't see how to do it.

Alternatively, it would be cool if the shoppingcart designer would import an html template and add the shoppingcart ?widgets or tags ....

Margaret

User 1947912 Photo

114 posts

For me the biggie would be the possibility of a better category & sub-category system. The new sub-category feature does provide a bit more flexibility for some but the possibility of another level of sub-categories would be great, for example, being able to add a sub-sub-category. The holy grail would obviously be the ability to have an unlimited number of category levels like Zen cart for example, this would make CC-SCCpro much more attractive to holders of larger stores and genuine retail stores.
www.andysmotorcycles.com
support@andysmotorcycles.com
(01782) 818097
Order motorcycle, scooter and motocross parts, spares and accessories online now.
User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

Mark Roberts wrote:
Two requests:

1. Be able to link "like" products. Would like to be able to say, if you are interested in this, you might also be interested in this other products. If you buy this, you might also be interested in this other accessory.

2. Need to be able to offer gift certificates/coupon redemption.

Yes Mark I like both these ideas.

I had actually started to add "you may also like these products" by the insert html option, it is possible to do it this way but would take hours & houuuuuuurs!
www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431
User 130021 Photo

14 posts

It would be good for us people pretty illiterate in HTML to have a simple way of adding an email and adjusting the font color and size when it displays. I think everyone needs a contact page so I am sure it comes up.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.