Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Me again lol, aren't you so glad I started making shops again? ! :P

Ok so this one is due to the humongous number of categories/sub categories that this shop I'm working on is needing. I'm finding it to be an extremely daunting task to remember which category or subcategory has items in it already and which are empty. The client is going to be populating the majority of the products so I've only got to input a few in each subcategory for now, but I've right now got over 50 subcategories lol. Needless to day I don't want them all open as it's a huge scrolling job to do that sooo...

Is it possible to get an icon, color distinction or something similar that will show us that a category does have products in it already? Doesn't have to be anything major, just some visible way to know that a category has products entered.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I've copied part of a post by a user and posting it here as it was a double suggestion for 2 programs so here's the selection of the post that refers to SCCP below:

Heidi Newell wrote:

SCC PRO: I want a text box where my customer can type in a coupon code for a discount. I don't want to give a discount to each customer necessarily. Well, at least not all the time. I need a box for a specific code(s) given to select promoters so when their clients go through checkout and type in the code, I know who attracted that customer to my site. Would be nice to have this since I give free stuff to promoters after so many points are accumulated via the number of customers who buy.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I have 2 things I'd like to see in this program to make it easier for category and subcategory adding:

1. I would love to see a way to collapse Main Categories completely. Why you ask?
Well I'm working on a shop for someone that has over 100 sub categories for books and I've broken them up by Alphabet such as (A-F), (G-K) and so on, and each of those Main categories has at least 15 subcategories in it..... And guess what? I was given some more subcategories to add, and trust me what a pain it is to scroll up and down and up and down all these Categories to find the correct places to go.
This is also causing visual anomalies (overlapping of categories and subcategories on top of eachother) that can be corrected by swapping tabs back and forth, but then you lose your spot again! Too many categories/subs maybe are just too much for the program, but I recall this issue being there a couple years ago when I used it for myself. I was on a pretty ratty computer and we assumed it was my computer doing it. It apparently wasn't as I'm having this issue again.

2. Would be really great if we could specify where a subcategory or category goes rather than having it default at the bottom. Basically the idea would be that you highlight a category or subcategory (select it) and when you add a new category or subcategory it goes either above or below the one you have selected. Would be a whole lot easier for managing long lists of them that sometimes have to be manipulated when you have to add new ones and reposition them from the bottom to the top.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Would be really nice to have the ability to:

Expand All
Expand All Categories
Expand All Subcategories
Collapse All
Collapse All Categories
Collapse All Subcategories
User 455983 Photo

50 posts

Publish Categories / Pricing Optional [ publish as a catalog ] ~ very useful I feel!

Maybe this has been suggested before, but I would LUV the option to disable pricing in a given category. This would allow:

- someone with a collection to sell some of their items while allowing others to still be able to view their personal collections [ very very useful to a collector ! ].

- allow for a "Sold" category so folks can view what articles you have sold successfully.

- allow for an "Out of Stock' / 'Coming Soon' section.

Perhaps this could be done with a button similar to the existing Publish / Un Publish Category.

THX!
Norma
"What good am I as a writer if I can't open my heart and leave my soul on the page?"

http://www.lolcostumejewelry.com is a vintage costume jewelry + sales site
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

And another one.... :P

It would be extremely nice if there were a form of color coding on the code when it's enclosed within the [[[ ]]] brackets. The way the program is working it's basically taking my code structure and removing it completely so I have to search around in the code text constantly to find things. If it would leave our structure of the code intact that would be optimal (could swear this was done a while back already), but if it can't, then some kind of code coloring for the tags would be most helpful since it's compacting the code so much it's hard to find things.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

A second discount range option

I would like to have my basic per item discount, and an alternative by category discount option.

So (ie) when gold price goes up i can add 4% to all my gold wedding rings but not my silver ones

Also option to discount in same way when the gold price goes down
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 123570 Photo

73 posts

Hi, I was wondering, if there is a wish list available in the shopping cart for those members that can't afford what they see but would like in the hopefully near future to purchase. Could coffeecups shopping cart also have that? It would benefit yopu as well if stats could be run and you could reports on the wish list and see what is in possible demand. Sales, coupons then can be also wish list and demand driven.

William
Which Came First Coffee or the Cup?
User 1870919 Photo

61 posts

Where oh where is SCCP 4.0? Discount coupon code in shopping cart area & more levels of sub categories -- 2 must haves. Plllleeeeaaassse! Tell me it's coming out in the next month.
Cheryl
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm almost 100% sure that's not happening within the next month.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.