Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

When using optional field sharing across a whole category of products, could we please have the addition of an option to switch on and off at will that particular drop down option and all of its individual options,

Heres my reason, i just spent hours re doing all of my dropdowns to incorporate an additional charge for urgent delivery. (to counteract my giving a huge discount for allowing me 4 weeks so i can work in batches)

(ie) I have pre part made a whole new range of signets in 9ct gold so that i can just size and polish and dispatch within a week, and because of our daft UK hallmarking laws included is an option for UK hallmarked + £15.00 but for other countries a free 375 stamp option (to save US customers especially the fee) so 7 days stamped 375, 14 days hallmarked, 21 days outside uk so on and so forth.

However when i go on holiday for 2 weeks i would like to switch this option off temporarily so it reverts back to my standard 4 weeks delivery.

I am pretty dam sure there are plenty of other small manufacturers and one man band retailers who would like the ability to do this , rather than shutting shop for 2 weeks, or sticking a notice on the homepage saying away for two weeks, sorry taking longer to deliver especially as many clients would never see it

Example here http://www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk/engr … ductid=950

Also due to the limited number of characters, i have used 2 lines for each option, would be nice to highlight them different colours or something

and an alternative to that (0.01p) to make it obvious its the first option even just the ability to display (0.00p) would be better.

PS :: Scott how about a like button in the forums firstly for others to second and idea, and also for CC staff to show an interest in the idea and even if its likely to be incorporated or at least acknowledge CC have read it (a CC smiley thumbs up) (a user smiley thumbs up) should be easily incorporated surely :P
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just me again :P

Although I like the feature that allows you to have your customers "either" go to the cart or continue shopping, it would really be nice if there was something asking the customer what they'd like to do since there's really nothing saying anything at all after you add a purchase to your cart. Would love to see something like this:

http://coffeecuphelp.com/jo/screenshots/continue_or_cart.png
User 164695 Photo

17 posts

I know it's a big ask, because it means adding to the database, but I'd like a comment field for each product, that doesn't get published, so I can keep notes such as supplier, cost price, or any other little detail about a product, rather than having to keep a separate list and constantly refer to it.

The other thing, which I'll ask in the designer forum when I get here is "are there any templates suitable for mobile phone screens?"
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Graham Basden wrote:
I know it's a big ask, because it means adding to the database, but I'd like a comment field for each product, that doesn't get published, so I can keep notes such as supplier, cost price, or any other little detail about a product, rather than having to keep a separate list and constantly refer to it.

I second and third this one too, a very useful idea, thanks for posting it!
User 2147646 Photo

233 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Just me again :P

Although I like the feature that allows you to have your customers "either" go to the cart or continue shopping, it would really be nice if there was something asking the customer what they'd like to do since there's really nothing saying anything at all after you add a purchase to your cart. Would love to see something like this:

http://coffeecuphelp.com/jo/screenshots/continue_or_cart.png

+1

User 2147646 Photo

233 posts

I think it is essential that we can link to pages outside of the shopping cart within the navbar. The navbar needs to be consistent when navigating between HE or VSD site and the shopping cart.

User 2123689 Photo

1 post

When will you have a version that supports digital downloads?
User 2333766 Photo

13 posts

Global Auto-Texts!

I don't know how many people here have used eBay's Blackthorne software, but it is pretty powerful. At least for some themes, you are able to create auto-text, which can include HTML coding, etc. I find that I need to continually copy and paste and copy and paste all over my store. And then I realize I made a spelling mistake and need to go back and edit 100 different items to fix it. Then I decide I need to add a sentence to make something more clear, so I need to edit them again, and so on.

An auto-text section could be added to the area at the top for "Products" and "Pages". I have bits of code I like to use on every item and it would be easier to type {{{Twitter and Facebook Share]]] than the entire string of HTML coding. If I wanted to edit every page to include Pinterest in the future, I would just need to edit the auto-text with the correct code and voila! All of my pages would instantly be updated. Same thing applies to disclaimers about products that show up at the bottom of every item, or every item in a certain category.

I don't think doing this would require a database be added, just some additional processing time during publishing. What do you think?

Jeff
http://shop.craftysmiths.com
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,204 posts

The one way to handle the auto text issue is to use the html tool in the shop to use an iframe linked to a HTML doc that has your text on it. Change one doc and all the pages change.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2333766 Photo

13 posts

That is good to know. I have never tried that before and I'm glad to hear it can be done. I do think it would be a nice feature for Pro users that might help it stand out against the non-Pro version. And it would be simpler for those users that prefer ease-of-use or a sleek interface, or are not code-oriented or prefer not to link to other documents. Thanks for the tip though. I will have to use that in the meantime!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.