Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2333766 Photo

13 posts

You know, this is a small thing, but it would be nice if featured items could be randomly sorted on each refresh on our home page, rather than in the order they appear in our category list. Or perhaps an ordering method such as price, quantity in inventory, sale vs. regular price, etc. that we can specify in our shop settings.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,204 posts

Jeffrey Smith wrote:
That is good to know. I have never tried that before and I'm glad to hear it can be done. I do think it would be a nice feature for Pro users that might help it stand out against the non-Pro version. And it would be simpler for those users that prefer ease-of-use or a sleek interface, or are not code-oriented or prefer not to link to other documents. Thanks for the tip though. I will have to use that in the meantime!

I have an example in my shop.:)
Common Content

Jeffrey Smith wrote:
You know, this is a small thing, but it would be nice if featured items could be randomly sorted on each refresh on our home page, rather than in the order they appear in our category list. Or perhaps an ordering method such as price, quantity in inventory, sale vs. regular price, etc. that we can specify in our shop settings.

You could do this through some Jquery using an Iframe again if you wish.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2333766 Photo

13 posts

I've thought of another feature that I think could use a bit of updating. I don't know if this is a big deal to most people, but some customization of the optional fields would be nice. For example, say you are a photographer who sells prints online. You have various sizes of prints of course, but you also have various paper types too. It would be great to be able to put a price to various combinations of these options.

For instance, a 4x6 photo might be $5 on glossy photo paper. I have the option to canvas prints, which for a 4x6 would be an additional $2. But for a 13x19, glossy is $15 and canvas is $30.

Sure, I can go the roundabout way and have only one options field for 4x6 glossy, 4x6 canvas, 5x7 glossy, 5x7 canvas, etc. but that seems convoluted for the customer. I would rather do that work in the program and leave the options simple for the customer (glossy or canvas).

Oh, and any news on release time? Been just about a year since last release :).

Jeff
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Jeffrey,

Why not use multiple optional fields? You can use up to 5 different optional fields so make one for the sizes, one for the paper types etc. Put the price differences in each of the selections so for example make the original photo type say $100 (or whatever price the product is), then the smallest size would be the same price so no additional price added. Then add an extra price for each size increase.

Same for the paper types. Start with the most inexpensive and work your way up. Make all these fields required and you have exactly what you're asking for I think :) Basically making multiple choices is all that is :)
User 2333766 Photo

13 posts

Well, it should be... The cost to upgrade to canvas changes depending on what size of photo is being printed. For example, a 4x6 might be $5 for glossy and $10 for canvas. So in my options, I set up a size of 4x6 ($0 extra) and material of glossy ($0 extra) and canvas ($5 extra) and base price of $5. This works fine for a 4x6, but when I create a 13x19 ($10 extra) with glossy ($0 extra) and canvas ($5 extra), the price only becomes $20 for a 13x19 canvas, when I would prefer canvas to cost $15 extra at that size. Do you see what I mean?

The same applies to exotic hardwood signs that I sell. I can make the same wood sign in multiple sizes and multiple types of wood, which range from 5 cents a square inch to 35 cents per square inch. With sizes like 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc., I've had to create a separate product for each wood type, then manually put in the sizes for that wood type based on the cost per square inch of material. If I could specify that size 4x6 equals 24 square inches, then specify that Zebrawood (or canvas for photos) costs 35 cents per square inch, and have the drop down calculate the cost based on that, that would be totally perfect.

I have a feeling that this feature might be too much complexity for most users, but I bet I could come up with a quick design that would make it simple enough :). In fact, maybe I will mock something up and see what you think... I really like the simplicity of SCCP, but sometimes I wish it was more complex to handle things like this.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well ok so you have 3 options for each photo right? Size, style (matte, glossy), and type of paper right?

What you do is not make one for the size at all, make 2 optional fields like so: (ignore my sizing since I don't know all your sizes or options :P )

Choose your Style:
4 x 6 - Matte $0
4 x 6 - Glossy $2
8 x 10 - Matte $2
8 x 10 - Glossy $4
and so on down the line. You can put all the matte together and all the glossy together or whatever you want in this list so it's like this:

4 x 6 - Matte $0
8 x 10 - Matte $2
4 x 6 - Glossy $2
8 x 10 - Glossy $4

And then you add the other field for paper type, and the same for the Wood types or any other options you have. Use the size as the base of each option as above and calculate your prices for the rest so that they come out to what you want. This is all doable in the program pretty easily, the hard part is splitting up your prices so the options cover it all for you.

Hope that makes sense, :)
User 1894280 Photo

10 posts

I would like to see the payment pages integrated with the shopping cart instead of it taking you to a external page.

As well I would like to see some more options of payment processors.

Lastly I would like to have a option of fully customizing the shopping cart pages just like VSD....
User 596588 Photo

42 posts

1. Accept purchase orders. A processor app that will just take the purchase order number and email the order details to me.

2. More custom pages, and the ability to sprinkle a few items from the database on the custom pages.
User 596588 Photo

42 posts

Language on the cart page to tell people they need to click on one of those pament processor pictures in order to check out. Or text links to check out with each processor picture. People get to the cart page and don't know what to do next.
User 343104 Photo

23 posts

Ed Tessier wrote:
I would like to see more spaces added to the optional fields. I sell some clothing and it would be great to make one item and then use the optional fields for the consumer to choose a size from a drop down and it would also be able to track individual inventory quantities of this one size (instead of a global quantity as it is now), rather than having to make individual listings for each size.

Has any further thought been given to this? Having a separate inventory count available for each combination of optional fields (S, M, L, XL, etc.) seems like it makes sense. Google checkout has this and it works out pretty well even though it is very limited for page design options.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.