Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 1566298 Photo

4 posts

I would like to have the ability to format the display of the currency similar to that of Excel.
As it stands the program is set up for decimal currencies even though the icons for others currencies are available. An example would be for Yen which the program, instead of 20,000 will display 20000.00
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Product specific shipping costs, NOT weight based as per current system, but purely product specific.
For example, I use SCCP and sell items which end up being dimensionally hampered by shipping rules, so while not "heavier" they are more costly to post.

We need total control over postage rates on a product by product basis instead of the current choice of three rates and nothing else!
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Just like Web Form Builder, I'd like to see a way to integrate Shopping Cart Creator with MailChimp so we can try to track shoppers and maybe follow up with them when they browse, load their cart and then abort.

At the moment there is no way to know who these aborters are and target them with a deal or offer etc.

If Shopping Cart Creator had a way for a user/browser/customer to register it would make their activity more interesting for us shopkeepers and we could turn a browser into a buyer by using their interests to target them with specials etc. and turn more potential customers into real buyers.

Obviously, it would have to be an opt-in but not having it at all means we lose customers and never find out why or get a 2nd chance to tempt them etc.

Something to consider... ;)

User 2307824 Photo

52 posts

Dave Smyth wrote:
Product specific shipping costs, NOT weight based as per current system, but purely product specific.
For example, I use SCCP and sell items which end up being dimensionally hampered by shipping rules, so while not "heavier" they are more costly to post.

We need total control over postage rates on a product by product basis instead of the current choice of three rates and nothing else!

Hi Dave we have a similar issue, whilst somethings are only say 500grams, but due to physical size, you are charged at a different rate.

I agree an individual rate for each item would be great as an option.

Our solution was to convert everything to cubic weight (which was only possible as we knew what size the carton would be). The formula given to us by australia post was the volume in cubic metres, multiplied by 250. we then worked out whether actual weight was more or less than cubic weight and used which ever was higher as the weight. we also included our handling charge in the actual freight cost. Its not ideal, but got us out of trouble. Hope it helps.
User 4169 Photo

10 posts

A thought for the developers - I do a lot of work with non-profits and two things that come up for them are:

a) the ability for donors to make regular, recurring payments (such as tithing for a church).

and

b) the ability to have people register for events and pay for them online (i.e. ticket sales)

The recurring payment system would require donors to create password-protected user accounts so that they can log in and make changes to their payments (reschedule, change amounts, terminate, and so on). There is a third-party vendor that provides this service called Network For Good and it works very well - especially their website integration. However, there is a monthly fee for the service as well as a percentage taken of each transaction. Network For Good is providing the merchant account for credit card processing, but a stand-alone application that would allow people to create "donor accounts" that would integrate with PayPal, Google, and Authorize.net the way SCC does would be tremendously useful to non-profit organizations like churches, schools, animal shelters and other charities.

The event registration system would also be useful for organizations that hold fundraising events like dances, dinners, concerts, or even for classes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
User 94707 Photo

41 posts

I use SCC in support of a non-profit that I'm part of. We use it to sell event tickets, raffle items as well as logo merchandise. It's great because I could put it together so quickly and have payments go into a PayPal account created specially for the non-profit. For donations for which we would provide a tax receipt we just provide a PayPal link through various websites. Again, the donations go into the same PayPal account.

You can check out the store at http://www.buildbettyahouse.org/shop/

Dave Hogan wrote:
A thought for the developers - I do a lot of work with non-profits and two things that come up for them are:

a) the ability for donors to make regular, recurring payments (such as tithing for a church).

and

b) the ability to have people register for events and pay for them online (i.e. ticket sales)

The recurring payment system would require donors to create password-protected user accounts so that they can log in and make changes to their payments (reschedule, change amounts, terminate, and so on). There is a third-party vendor that provides this service called Network For Good and it works very well - especially their website integration. However, there is a monthly fee for the service as well as a percentage taken of each transaction. Network For Good is providing the merchant account for credit card processing, but a stand-alone application that would allow people to create "donor accounts" that would integrate with PayPal, Google, and Authorize.net the way SCC does would be tremendously useful to non-profit organizations like churches, schools, animal shelters and other charities.

The event registration system would also be useful for organizations that hold fundraising events like dances, dinners, concerts, or even for classes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
User 2174797 Photo

5 posts

Hi,

I would love to see Stripe integrated as a payment processor for Shopping Cart Creator Pro. I have been using them for a little bit now and have nothing but great things to say about them. I'd love to move my cart over from Prestashop to this software (especially having purchased it) but getting rid of Stripe at this point would be a bit of a challenge.

Thanks,

Grant
User 2140665 Photo

58 posts

It's been quite a while since any updates of SCCPro, and it's crying out for some updates (well, added features).

I've just started my new shop and selling my own photographic prints, however, I did have a massive HD crash and lost my original design, so I started again.
But what I think would be a brilliant feature is the option to download the shop from your server, just incase you do have a fatal pc crash.
Also, as we all know, we need coupon codes, at the moment, we can't really do any specials, and also the option to purchase digital downloads would be great as well.

But, one thing I have noticed, I was putting a 20% discount on my prints, but I sell then in various sizes, the discount only went on to the displayed item, I have set up a dropdown so customers can select a bigger size, but when doing so, these bigger sizes didn't have the discount, is there any way around this without having to make a seperate item for each size of print?

Thanks in advance,

Daz

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Dazzy,

Just create a folder on your server (protect it with Website Access Manager if you want to even so no one can get to those files) and then upload the shop file and the folder it creates to that location and there you have your backup.

I think one of the reasons that the program doesn't do this is because these files will be huge due to the number of images, the data involved etc. It would take the initial and subsequent uploads a very long time and it takes a bit of time sometimes as it is.

Zip up the

yourshopname.scc
yourshopname_files folder

and upload them to a safe place as well as backing them up on an external drive (very good idea there) and or your cloud space. That gives you your backup and just be sure to do this regularly so you always have your latest shop files and you'll be set to go :)

User 2519865 Photo

1 post

Adding a log in database would be great so we have customers logging in with there details.
Addresses details of those that order.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.