Share your websites made with...

User 2273654 Photo

767 posts

Daniel Walsh, About the making the 3 pictures into picture links: open your project, double click on the image and the image element design pane for that image should open up. Rt. click on that image and cut or delete it. Open up the elements pane and drag and drop a picture link element box into the place where the picture was. Double click on that element box and go through the process of putting in the image and setting the link in its picture link design pane settings window. Repeat this process for all 3 picture elements that you want to change to picture link elements.
This is how I would go about doing this. If there is a better way to do it I would also like to know.
I think that your site is very good. I have some opinions about your requests for input or feedback. I am not a professional web site designer so I will refrain from being critical of other peoples sites. I would be interested though in hearing others feedback on this site.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2450707 Photo

94 posts

Thanks Greg!
Using the Picture Link Element is something I have done and never thought of it for these pictures!
I appreciate your post for helping that penny to drop! :)

Daniel
User 453692 Photo

2 posts

I've used VSD to build a couple of basic websites, but now I need to build one that has a large searchable database - (where customers could select options they are looking for and all items that meet the criteria would come up) Is this possible with the new RSD ? thanks, Amy
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Mark – way off topic! You can discuss that in the breakroom.
Amy, you should ask about this in the general RSD forum.

This thread is for displaying sites you've already made with RSD. ;)
Thanks!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 400908 Photo

67 posts

here's the web site i've been working on, and i was trying to get really fussy with my background colors behind the text but above the background photo without fading the text out too much. it seems the fade effects the letters no matter where that fade is put: rows, columns, text background... i thought i could control the fade separate from the text, but I guess I can't, unless of course, i am misunderstanding it as usual, and there IS a way to control a opacity of a solid background without fading the text. here's the site i'm working on: http://www.webandgraphicdesign-isabelsmith.com/seafix-no-media-breaks/index.html
Isabel Smith
Isabel Smith Art and Design
Web and Graphic Design, Illustration and Calligraphy, Pet Paintings too!
www.isabelsmith.com
User 400908 Photo

67 posts

http://www.webandgraphicdesign-isabelsm … index.html
Isabel Smith
www.isabelsmith.com
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Izzi,

The only thing about that site is the opacity behind the content section. I think it would be much easier to read and the pictures would look a ton better without the opacity behind them.

Of course that's just my opinion. Just because we have a function doesn't mean we have to use it. :D
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Izzi,

The only thing about that site is the opacity behind the content section. I think it would be much easier to read and the pictures would look a ton better without the opacity behind them.

Of course that's just my opinion. Just because we have a function doesn't mean we have to use it. :D

I would have to agree. It looks like you have used the opacity setting found under the Effects section of the Design pane.

To change the opacity of the background color you would need to select the background color and change the a (opacity) to the desired amount. Doing it this way will give the backgrounds an opacity but the contact will keep there full color.
User 400908 Photo

67 posts

I want to try that. When I went to change it in opacity, the opacity lever was at full opacity instead of a percentage. I'm attaching the files. I'm lost.
Attachments:
Isabel Smith
www.isabelsmith.com
User 2623310 Photo

Ambassador
282 posts

Hi Izzi,

I have changed your background opacity to have of you had set it at.

I hope this help you out.:)
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.