Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 2866788 Photo

14 posts

Hi,
The ability to insert PHP in the title Zone of the page like <?php echo"Hello Title"; ?>
(and why not the others fields : description, keywords)

the html generated is actually

<title>&lt;?php echo "Hello Title"; ?&gt;</title>

and the PHP tag vanish.
User 2040390 Photo

95 posts

Can anybody help me with fonts? I'm a geologist, not a designer, and am by no means wealthy enough to hire a designer. I realize that having the proper font makes my writing easier to read. My computer has an obscene number of fonts available for me to use; some of them unreadable, some just plain unpleasant, but I have no good reason to pick one over another for a heading, a title, a paragraph. As I go through the CC tutorials, I am told to change the font to (something) but not why that font should be used in that place. Surely somebody more knowledgeable than me has compiled groups of fonts for websites, somewhere.
User 2699991 Photo

4,893 posts
Online Now

Stonecherub wrote:
Can anybody help me with fonts? I'm a geologist, not a designer, and am by no means wealthy enough to hire a designer. I realize that having the proper font makes my writing easier to read. My computer has an obscene number of fonts available for me to use; some of them unreadable, some just plain unpleasant, but I have no good reason to pick one over another for a heading, a title, a paragraph. As I go through the CC tutorials, I am told to change the font to (something) but not why that font should be used in that place. Surely somebody more knowledgeable than me has compiled groups of fonts for websites, somewhere.

Just Google "font pairing"
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2699991 Photo

4,893 posts
Online Now

Stonecherub wrote:

A good rule of thumb
Use no more than 2 different but nicely paired easy to read fonts for 1/for sub-section titles (you can fancy up the title if you desire by styling it to italic, or drop capitals etc) and a different one for text paragraphs etc )

You can let yourself go with the Main Header titles,& main-sub-section titles with something a bit bolder/more fancy.

But don't forget that you are limited to what the fonts RSD has available (which is or should be enough for anyone) so don't be going overboard with some strange fonts that are not available from within RSD
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2040390 Photo

95 posts

Can anybody help me with fonts? Wayan Jaya can!

Thank you, I was afraid it was going to be much more complex.
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Dear support,

Please more different themes created with bootstrap and foundation or an manual how I can created an theme?
What do you think of an :

Responsive Theme Creator or Maker for designed themes used bootstrap and foundation framework
Thanks
Stephane
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 2699991 Photo

4,893 posts
Online Now

STEFKE wrote:
Dear support,

Please more different themes created with bootstrap and foundation or an manual how I can created an theme?
What do you think of an :

Responsive Theme Creator or Maker for designed themes used bootstrap and foundation framework
Thanks
Stephane

Make a web-page using RSR Foundation or Bootstrap

when finished SAVE IT AS A THEME,, there you are your own theme.

But first you need know how to make a web-page :/
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2040390 Photo

95 posts

Stonecherub wrote:
Please provide a pop-up tool-tip for image file names.

I just stumbled onto a workaround. In the Project Resources window, double click on a file and an edit window appears showing the entire name.
User 2699991 Photo

4,893 posts
Online Now

Stonecherub wrote:
Stonecherub wrote:

I just stumbled onto a workaround. In the Project Resources window, double click on a file and an edit window appears showing the entire name.

That's always been there
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,539 posts

Stonecherub wrote:
Stonecherub wrote:

Thankyou Stonecherub. I didn't know about that, and I'm delighted to find that editing the names of pictures in this way updates the links to those pictures as well.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.