Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 2866788 Photo

14 posts

Dear support,
In the design panel, a contextual right clic menu would be great thing to reset style (type/class/id).
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Stonecherub wrote:
Stonecherub wrote:
Please provide a pop-up tool-tip for image file names.

I just stumbled onto a workaround. In the Project Resources window, double click on a file and an edit window appears showing the entire name.

Seems fine when you have about a hand full of images ... in stead of dozens of them. Work arounds are just what they say they are ... work arounds. They don't solve the problem, and they hardly make your live any easier ...

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2839070 Photo

1 post

Hello
I am delighted with the application, it allows me to create professional results with a lot of time saving.
However, I think these characteristics would be very useful:
edit the css manually
a window to see the html of an element (like the current css) and be able to modify it also
manage the css selectors manually in a window or something like (there are some that remain created but then not pointed) actually i edit the css file after export to optimze it (is tedious)
and this is already asking too much :) It would be fantastic to be able to incorporate js into the workflow. I think that if rds became an IDE for web projects, it would have a great future.
PD: Congratulations for the improvements built with foundation (it's my favorite framework) and the components.
regards
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Hi support,

1) I want to see more sliders for setting the effects and transitions.

2) Can you please buildin editors for more power to modify css properties, htlml code en js?

3) Buildin more CSS3 Animations and Events for every element (html) that makes your website more Dynamic content (Dynamic HTML)

4) Buildin CSS Grid Layout

5) Choose to the children from the parent container fixed, aboslute or floating layout
Kind regards
Stephane

Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

I've been browsing through the suggestions for RSD mentioned for over a year ... I hardly see one of them honoured. Is this thread just to get things of our chest, or can we expect simple features and sound suggestions in near updates/upgrades?
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2699991 Photo

4,893 posts
Online Now

Suggestions are just that ~ Suggestions The way suggestions normally work is that the company (any company) will look at the suggestions, & assess if the suggestion will be to the benefit of all not just the few, including the company (develpoment costs etc etc) so if a suggestion turns out to be a good one which will benefit everybody, then they would normally try to implement it (or something close). I also look at some of the suggestions that are suggested every time someone suggests something, & to be honest most of the suggestions are for the advantage of a single (or a few) users rather than the whole.
It makes for an enjoyable reading for a few minutes for me to see some of them, I usually smile but most times I burst out laughing with some of them

One f the latest in this latest update is to have the ability to turn on or off the auto-save facility, this was suggested a long time ago,, & they have finally done it,

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Fair enough. Me personally I'm waiting for RSD to at least create multi levelled web sites without having to open up a text editor and alter paths in order to be able to structure a web site, which can end up to be quite a pain when having dozens of pages to walk through. Something I've been able to do ever since Freeway 1 back in the late 90's.

The poor resource management feature could use a tweak or to as well ... that would save lots of time.

I'm hoping something basic like that will see the light of day soon ...

– Richard
User 2699991 Photo

4,893 posts
Online Now

rvanheukelum wrote:
Fair enough. Me personally I'm waiting for RSD to at least create multi levelled web sites without having to open up a text editor and alter paths in order to be able to structure a web site, which can end up to be quite a pain when having dozens of pages to walk through. Something I've been able to do ever since Freeway 1 back in the late 90's.

The poor resource management feature could use a tweak or to as well ... that would save lots of time.

I'm hoping something basic like that will see the light of day soon ...

– Richard

Yes that would be a nice helpful feature hopefully one day they will be able to do it,, a built in spell checker would also be useful but is probably a really big thing to do
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 984203 Photo

1 post

As I upgrade my sites to the latest and greatest RSD (symbols et al) I find residual (old) class names in the 'Classes' drop down that aren't on my design class list. Since it appears classes disappear when no longer used on a page this would seem to indicate they are used somewhere on the site. It would be VERY helpful if there could be a 'where-used' function or simply put the class name in brackets beside the content item in the Inspector. Then a quick glance at Inspector would show where the 'rogue' classes are used and with a click or two could be updated.
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Hi support

It be great if there is an possibly that the application generate random class/id names for not defined classes from the frameworks foundation and bootstrap.
It's much work for to ever new names of classes and IDs to go invent or invent hence who wish for generating random class names and id names

Kind regards
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.