Post your new ideas here! - Page 35 -...

User 4865 Photo

6 posts

Transferring an idea that popped up in the discussion on facebook today...

Taking inspiration from the easter egg thing, why not enhance your shopping cart applications to add a set of promotional cues that store owners could use from time to time.

Basic workflow is from an item or category page, add a promotion.

Choose the type of promotional "embed" you want.
* It could be page based
-Things like randomly placed/sized/alpha icons.
-Things like dialogs presented.

* It could be element based
-Things like taking a certain action triggers the promo link/image.

If element based, choose the element that will trigger the promo. Choose the action that needs to happen on that element to trigger (click, mouse over, drag, drop, etc).

Choose the action that is taken.
* Open a page, define page.
* Present dialog with promo code, define code.
etc..

Then you can sell "promo kits" that enable different types of promotions and include everything you need to make them happen. Icon set, promo page template, small guide how to implement.
- Wayne Anderson
"Because its just that way."
User 141192 Photo

5 posts

Would love to see Coffee Cup do a PDF flip book...and on a Mac please. :D
User 106654 Photo

5 posts

Content Management Software, it would be great if Coffecup would create a CMS for editing websites online, even basic edits like text or uploading photos, videos.
Aletia Stewart
Branded By Web Design
User 52449 Photo

7 posts

Now Amazon has declared it will allow epub on kindles it looks as if we are within shouting distance of a standard ebook format,

I would just love you to make a program for pcs that allows an author to turn their .doc or even .docx manuscript directly into epub and if possible into every other ebook format.
I would like it to warn of blank pages in the conversion and of long stretches of text that convert into styles apart from the basic regular - eg if page after page turns into italic or bold.

PS calibri , a brilliant free app, has a beta version that, apart from all else it does, converts already from one ebook format to another, eg pdf to epub so one can do a 2 stage conversion from .doc, but its image handling isn't too brilliant at present.
User 155918 Photo

3 posts

I would love to see CC design a simple inventory control program. Sure I can buy software that will track all my accounts, expenses, sales, inventory etc., etc., for several hundred dollars and some with POS software included but a stand-alone less expensive complete inventory control software program would be a godsend.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Douglas,

I am not sure if we'll see CC making that, they make website software not business accounting software. I'd love to find an easy one myself too, but I'm not sure we'll be getting that from here :)
User 2132675 Photo

24 posts

I'd like to suggest a program/wizard to change the references to all of the pages and files on a site. I build my sites and park them on a test domain and when I am ready to go live with the site, I'd like to change the following references all at once:

www.mytestdomain.com/filename.blahblahblah

to

www.theiractualdomain.com/filename.blahblahblah

Just a suggestion...if it's out there already, I'd love to hear about it! :)

Thanks,

Todd
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

You should be referencing your site files by relative links and not absolute links.

/myfolder/myfile.html

instead of

http://www.mysite.com/myfolder/myfile.html

Problem is solved and it's easier on the server. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

yep, and anything else that is needing a full link (which isn't very many things at all) can be done very swiftly in CC's HTML Editor which does very well for this. So I guess in the end they already have a program that does this :)
User 2222239 Photo

82 posts

I hope i get this out right :D

But what about something extra for VSD users to give to our clients when completing a webpage? Kinda like a super light version of VSD that the clients can modify text and pictures while the rest of the design stays intact?

When you complete a page for a client and are going to save it, a small software generates aswell, that the potential customer can use to edit small stuff like text and replace pictures. So its easier for them to edit a page without having to get or learn how to use a Html editor, dreamweaver etc.

Bad idea maybe? Sounds awesome to me tho, kinda like a super tiny backend client side solution in some way.

Anyways, just a thought.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.