Post your new ideas here! - Page 36 -...

User 422767 Photo

259 posts

Rmk82 wrote:
I hope i get this out right :D

But what about something extra for VSD users to give to our clients when completing a webpage? Kinda like a super light version of VSD that the clients can modify text and pictures while the rest of the design stays intact?

When you complete a page for a client and are going to save it, a small software generates aswell, that the potential customer can use to edit small stuff like text and replace pictures. So its easier for them to edit a page without having to get or learn how to use a Html editor, dreamweaver etc.

Bad idea maybe? Sounds awesome to me tho, kinda like a super tiny backend client side solution in some way.

Anyways, just a thought.

Methinks they might as well buy VSD, which is designed so that someone doesn't need to learn html or dreamweaver to know how to use it. Once everything's set up in VSD by you, the web designer, all the client has to do is download the .vsd backup file on the server, make their changes, and click the upload button.

Then, if they ever want to learn html in the future or need to design a new site and can't contact you, they've got a great program to do so! :D
Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?
User 2222239 Photo

82 posts

Zac wrote:
Rmk82 wrote:
I hope i get this out right :D

But what about something extra for VSD users to give to our clients when completing a webpage? Kinda like a super light version of VSD that the clients can modify text and pictures while the rest of the design stays intact?

When you complete a page for a client and are going to save it, a small software generates aswell, that the potential customer can use to edit small stuff like text and replace pictures. So its easier for them to edit a page without having to get or learn how to use a Html editor, dreamweaver etc.

Bad idea maybe? Sounds awesome to me tho, kinda like a super tiny backend client side solution in some way.

Anyways, just a thought.

Methinks they might as well buy VSD, which is designed so that someone doesn't need to learn html or dreamweaver to know how to use it. Once everything's set up in VSD by you, the web designer, all the client has to do is download the .vsd backup file on the server, make their changes, and click the upload button.

Then, if they ever want to learn html in the future or need to design a new site and can't contact you, they've got a great program to do so! :D

Ye i thought about that that they just could register here and get the VSD istselfe and edit the .vsd file, but most of my customers are older peoples and cant speak write or understand english that well. It kinda ruins alot when it comes to software support if any relevant bugs should pop up.
And since i dont charge fees that are much higher then the VSD cost itselfe for making webpages for a customer, it kinda ruins the idea of making any profit in the future aswell. However im not sure if VSD was designed like this eather. Thats why i was thinking of a client side aswell.

I know it sounds like its greed that speaks, but this is the only software im accualy able to create decent webpages with, without spending a mounth in dreamweaver', and giving away the "source" isnt a good idea, even tho id like to promote VSD to everyone i know.

If that made any sence :D
User 422767 Photo

259 posts

Rmk82 wrote:
I know it sounds like its greed that speaks, but this is the only software im accualy able to create decent webpages with, without spending a mounth in dreamweaver', and giving away the "source" isnt a good idea, even tho id like to promote VSD to everyone i know.

So you want CC to spend time/money to develop something that they would not make money on? :lol:

You could make the final html files easier to edit text in notepad and show your clients how to edit them. :)
User 2222239 Photo

82 posts

Im sure the developers know how to make money by making it and ekstra software to VSD in some way without asking me:), kinda like shopping cart Designer and Creator. However im not even going to try debating how they should or can make money, they know that themselfe :D

I know u can use notepad to edit the text, but somehow i think it will be to advance when it comes to chaning pictures to a certent location etc when it exceeds more then afew. Just want my clients to have the easiest way to edit the webpage possible, without any coding experience.

Anyways, i still think it would be a great idea if you remove all the endless possebileties on how to edit an html file without using VSD.
User 422767 Photo

259 posts

Rmk82 wrote:
Im sure ...... without using VSD.

I just thought of a complex way you could accomplish this while working on some homework. It involves using MS Word or Open Office, so I'll work on getting some instructions put on my S-Drive site or in a new thread. :)
User 2222239 Photo

82 posts

Zac wrote:
Rmk82 wrote:
Im sure ...... without using VSD.

I just thought of a complex way you could accomplish this while working on some homework. It involves using MS Word or Open Office, so I'll work on getting some instructions put on my S-Drive site or in a new thread. :)

Interesting, cant wait :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Keep in mind that the minute you go "outside" of VSD for any updating of content you can NOT go back to VSD to update your site again without losing all the changes your clients/customers are making so you do need to make sure the site is done as far as layout completely prior to giving anyone any abilities to update files manually.
User 2222239 Photo

82 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Keep in mind that the minute you go "outside" of VSD for any updating of content you can NOT go back to VSD to update your site again without losing all the changes your clients/customers are making so you do need to make sure the site is done as far as layout completely prior to giving anyone any abilities to update files manually.

Another reason why CC should make something i suggested :D
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Rmk82 wrote:
Jo Ann wrote:

Another reason why CC should make something i suggested :D

They DO...

VSD IS the easy web-site development/management tool for those who don't have time or inclination to learn HTML!
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 422767 Photo

259 posts

Phil wrote:
They DO...

VSD IS the easy web-site development/management tool for those who don't have time or inclination to learn HTML!

That's what I said! :lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.