The new Web Form Builder is here! -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Owala wrote:
Bought the MegaPack installed the new Form Builder and I really like it.

Two questions thought,

1. it appears that the submit button is there by default. Can that button be manipulated in the full version so that it can connect to a third party website e.g. a Credit Card system and return to my site? Like a go pay and come situation...

2. Can one adopt or create own themes?

Two suggestions, just in support of what has been said:
1. fields side-by-side with adjustable width would be great, it can reduce the length of the form,

2. an insert picture button is missing,

Otherwise on the right track....
Helge

Hey Helge!

1. Not yet, but we do plan on adding support for this.
2. Not yet either, but it is on our roadmap to add support for. However, the output right now is all HTML/CSS so you can customize your form pretty well.

As to the other 2 suggestions. They are also on the roadmap. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Hey everyone!

Well our developers have been busy all week working on the suggestions you have posted in here (thank you!) We still have quite a bit in store for the software, but we wanted

to give you a small taste of what we have completed so far so you have something for the weekend.

So what did we do in the latest version?
  • New "required" option for drop-down lists
  • Corrected issue with BCC
  • Corrected issue with Theme Browser not displaying themes
  • Saved forms are now associated with Web Form Builder so that you can just double-click on a saved file for it to open
  • Corrected markup in auto-response message
  • Fixed issue with special characters not appearing on confirm message
  • Now in the S-Drive Dashboard, form result time/date stamps are in your local time zone!

So whats next?

This is what we have been working on for a while as well. The first 4 items are nearing completion and are scheduled to be ready next week. The remainder will follow very soon after. And lots more soon after that! Keep the feedback coming!
  • Full support for non-English character sets.
  • Multi-column functionality
  • Control over the width of elements
  • Color customization options
  • Adding Images
  • Some new features that we will wait to surprise you with!

So with that, we hope you enjoy this update. To download this update, please go to My Products from within your account. Once the software list appears, click the "download" button next Web Form Builder Lite.

Enjoy!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Up to now mainly I have used the flash version with great success. But for those times I needed something special I resorted to html. In order to position my elements anywhere on a page. To do this I resorted to absolute positioning of each element. This takes care of having labels positioned as desired. this also allows other elements to be positioned as desired. This is one thing the flash version allowed to some extent. I am hoping the final HTML version has the same flexibility. I expect that to automate such a system would be involved in a WYSIWYG software. presently I do it with php "post" & sessions to capture data and I do admit some forms take quite some time to put together.
I have added a typical element I would use. I admit a lot of code per element but the finished page looks ok.

<input type="text" id="Editbox" style="position:absolute;left:82px;top:15px;width:198px;height:20px;border:1px #C0C0C0 solid;font-family:'Courier New';font-size:16px;z-index:1" name="address" value="">

Honestly I was expecting an automated version of this in the full version so that the bibs and bobs could be positioned and controlled at will.

The Guy from OZ

User 2167305 Photo

51 posts

Wow i must say i am developing a online management system and i think the form builder well help me a lot! I sure hope it well be able to connect to mysql database?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Cmarenburg wrote:
Wow i must say i am developing a online management system and i think the form builder well help me a lot! I sure hope it well be able to connect to mysql database?

Awesome! Yes, connecting to MySQL is already built-into the software now. ;)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Great work CC Team again! Can't wait till next week for the next set of added features, this is so cool!
User 132002 Photo

131 posts

After latest update my exported form ain't working any more

Se attached message.

Søren.
Attachments:
Søren, Denmark
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Upgraded - removed original, then installed.

Getting a themes warning message. The themes browser will be ready in just a moment.

Get this everytime I open software, takes about 15 secs to load themes.

Keith
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,204 posts

I get the same thing.
Win 7 64 bit
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,475 posts
Online Now

I had the same thing in Vista Home Premium. Tried twice and got the message when trying to open a theme. After a while I then got the themes displayed.

Next time I opened the Form Builder I had the same procedure over again.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.