What were you able to make using...

User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

Chance Scherr wrote:
warning this site plays loud obnoxious music on start up - brunswickautoandtruck.com

LOL....true....

Chance Scherr wrote:

This is the unfinished site redesign as it sits - shopdiode.coffeecup.com

Better....actually, not really bad at all. The only two criticisms are the Facebook plugin (hard to see, but I think that is what it is...) on the contact page is hard to read with the background and I would justify some of the text where it is centered. But otherwise, good job. Get it out there! It is an improvement by leaps and bounds over the original.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Simon...on the chocolate site you have added the valid code icons at the foot of your page. There are errors in the code so it really is not very professional to add in the icons until you correct those errors.
User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

Simon, the errors appear to be in the Facebook plugin. Norty Facebook and their ampersands! Fix that and most of the errors will go away. & instead of &

Just a suggestion...fix the errors, but remove those buttons. No need at all to have them. They do nothing for SEO or anything else and just initiate a pie-in-the-face when a third party bit throws errors :) Just my 2-cents worth.

Melanie
User 2146019 Photo

58 posts

Hi all!

I designed a website for a friends company over a year ago and wanted to do an update to the site including looks navigation and other things. The site hasnt been fully completed yet but im at a bit of a stand still designing it. I am looking for any ideas on site style colors and anything else you all can find that may need to be changed the first link is the site i designed some time ago and the second link is for the redesign of the site any help or ideas are much appreciated!

warning this site plays loud obnoxious music on start up - brunswickautoandtruck.com

This is the unfinished site redesign as it sits - shopdiode.coffeecup.com

Well i decided to post the site update brunswickautoandtruck.com thanks for the input im happy with the results

User 322842 Photo

209 posts

Chance, links not working :(
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Not working for me either
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

If you repost your web page address, tell us what updates you have made to it. Otherwise your post will be considered spam. (Repetitive posting of the same content) If you add your post because of a problem you are experiencing, please choose the appropriate forum area and explain your issues.

Thank you for your cooperation
User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

It appears there is an issue with the link or when it was uploaded....considering this site is on s-drive, I would not consider this spam....clearly CoffeeCup's S-Drive is being used. Chance just has a snag to work out. Someone who has worked more with s-drive might lend a hand, perhaps?

Melanie
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Melanie Edman-Osmer wrote:
It appears there is an issue with the link...

Yes, the link is all messed up for some reason, but the site can be accessed at brunswickautoandtruck.com (without the "www"), which then redirects to http://diodeportal.coffeecup.com/ :/
Chance,
On my admittedly slow connection, your site loaded very slowly. I think a main reason for this is that your background image has a file size of 1.5 Mb. You may want to optimize that image size a bit... ;)
(nice site though! :) )
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Melanie...no issues were mentioned...it is only because you and others looking at the site carefully have found them. As you see, I did not remove the post but just asked for consideration to be given to the reasons for reposting.

My comment, however, was more of a generic rather than specific one as this occurs quite frequently in this thread.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.