Post your Shops here! - Post ID 81221

User 1889005 Photo

19 posts

I have been working with PHP for years. This shopping carts XML and inc system is pretty nicly put together for a stand alone system. Playing with the software i made a cart just for fun. Full CSS rewrite and INC.php rewrites are easy.

Kudos guy on the Inc cross refs

My Play Store

bikeswithspikes.com/swag

User 133733 Photo

17 posts

Hi everyone, I have just set up my CoffeeCup store and am still experimenting. I love the simplicity of CC, but as I know NOTHING about php (although I can edit HTML code), I haven't figured out how to add buttons OTHER than the PayPal and Google Checkout ones. I would like to put in Nochex and Kagi, for example. (Is there any easy way to do this, anyone know?)

My store is at sunpenny.com/store. There's still more to come in other categories. I'd also like to learn to change the storefront theme, other than by replacing images ... looking forward to the new theme editor thing they were talking about! :D
Jo Holloway
www.sunpenny.com
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Screencraft.

You shop looks good.

At the moment there is no other option in the Shopping cart then to use Paypal or Google Checkout (not available in Canada). I understand that the Pro version which will be out later this year will have more options.

You can edit the layout in the ccs file i.e. font sizes, colours etc. CC is bringing out a syler for the shopping cart sometime but again not sure whey that will be ready.

If you any more questions it would be better to open a new topic in the main shopping cart forum so that we can help you further. As this section is only to post your shopping cart a lot of people may miss out on your post.

User 174005 Photo

13 posts

Hi All
I'd appreciate any comments on the site/shop here.
This is my first ecommerce site and is fairly standard apart from the top logo which will need changing after most shop changes/uploads (not every time).
Please have a look for me. www.jaz-d.com - give me a thumbs up or down :(:)
Thanks.
Chris
User 97547 Photo

23 posts

Ive just started mine tinghatreasures.com.au will be adding lots more photos of the products. Im unsure on how big to make the view of the cards etc? Do you think I should watermark them?

Thanks for such an easy program its great!
User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

Robert Neville wrote:
Ive just started mine tinghatreasures.com.au will be adding lots more photos of the products. Im unsure on how big to make the view of the cards etc? Do you think I should watermark them?

Thanks for such an easy program its great!

Nicely done. Your images (even the enlargements) are not all that large where the threat of taking them to use in other print projects would be a huge threat, but watermarking could not hurt as long as it is not too obtrusive.

Melanie
User 97547 Photo

23 posts

thanks Melanie I didnt want to watermark them previously Ive added a no right click script to stop people taking my photos.
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Robert I just tried no right click and was able to get your image. See attached.

Also this does not protect your image as all one whould have to do to get your image is print screen, or get it from their temporary internet files.

I think a watermark is far better
Attachments:

User 97547 Photo

23 posts

with other websites Ive added the no right click :-) I think Im happy enough with the way it is, thanks for your comments.
User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

Robert Neville wrote:
with other websites Ive added the no right click :-) I think Im happy enough with the way it is, thanks for your comments.

Robert,

What Avi was saying is no right click scripts will do nothing to protect your images from those who truly wish to take your images (there are so many ways around it) and such scripts can actually hinder usability of your site. As another member recently pointed out, when he injured his hand, he was not able to use many websites because the no-right-click made it difficult.

I used to have a no right click on one of my sites...cannot even recall the reason I originally added it...but after hearing that and having a user contact me personally saying they had issues with usability, I removed the script.

When adding images to a website - any images - know that they can be taken quite easily. Your best bet is watermarking ...or leaving them at low resolution. I actually did snag one of your images earlier, too, to look at it in my graphics program (which is how I deduced it was low res). So if you are using a right click script it is not working. At least not in Firefox.

You have such a lovely site, make sure you are doing nothing that would hinder it's functioning.

Melanie

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.