best practice - Post ID 247530

User 78051 Photo

201 posts

Good morning all

Just been looking at the RSD sneak peek pages (accessed via http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/rsd-sneak-peek/) and just had a question about best practice as opposed to the software itself.

My question is relating to the navigation more than anything else as I noticed that when you resize the window to mobile size, the navigation options reduce from
    Menu
    The Review(s)
    Home of taste
    Beach vibes
    Our StoryThis Design

to just
    Menu
    The beach
    About Us

I was just wondering and trying to understand for my own benefit what the reasoning / best practice is for removing 3 of the menu items?

Thanks and all the best

Jamie
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Good observation and interesting question!

The theme was mainly made to show some of the capabilities of Responsive Site Designer, in this case hiding/showing elements over breakpoints. Initially the idea was to hide all items and show a new 'MENU' button that would link to a replicated navigation in the footer.

Thinking about it now, that probably would have been better :P
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 78051 Photo

201 posts

Thanks for the quick reply Bob.

It was more curiousity as to if there was a reasoning in RWD prinicples that made you do it that way. I am always struggling with the best way to deliver the navigation side of things especially if there's a need for more than 1 nav set on a page.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.