screen goes blank midway of designing...

User 3156750 Photo

83 posts

hi all~ do any of you have issues with the screen going blank while designing? this is fairly new for me and I don't know what to do.
User 2699991 Photo

4,863 posts
Online Now

Zoe wrote:
hi all~ do any of you have issues with the screen going blank while designing? this is fairly new for me and I don't know what to do.

Yep
happened quite often for me, then I tried this

(windows 11 )
open your file explored
On your 'C' drive browse to 'Program Files' then 'Coffee Cup Software' then look for 'a folder 'Site Designer' open it and right click on the 'Site Designer.exe' choose 'more options. choose'troubleshoot compatability' when it opens select 'Yes' 'non of the above' (or 'The Program Doesn't Display Correctly"

Then 'Yes' to the message Do you want us to apply recommended compatibility settings for you?
Once it's done that, then Tes to the message
Please try your application again.
Did this solve your problem?

close it and restart your PC
This has done the trick for me, HOWEVER be aware that you may need to re do all that again when Windows gets updated, I don't know why that should be, but I have found it necessary to di it again every time Windows is updated.

I have informed the Gurus' at CC about this and they were going to look at the possible causes

I also founf it useful to make a back up Copy of the project file and save it in a remote location, just in case I ran into more serious errors (not needed it as yet)

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2699991 Photo

4,863 posts
Online Now

PLEASE PLEASE note: make a back up copy of files/folders, or even a system restore point. just in case
The previous instructions work for me and I hope will work for you, but no guarentees, or responsibility if it doesn't
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 3156750 Photo

83 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
PLEASE PLEASE note: make a back up copy of files/folders, or even a system restore point. just in case
The previous instructions work for me and I hope will work for you, but no guarentees, or responsibility if it doesn't

thank you so much Wayan!!! I just did an update on my computer and this happened before. I will save it, thank you!!!
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,098 posts

Hi Zoe,

I also find that if I am working in a project for a long period of time, like over an hour, that mine sometimes does this. I am not sure if its a memory thing with SD but I find if you save and exit if you are in a project for more than an hour it helps. Then just reopen the project and everything is fine again.

I would also do what Wayan suggests above.

Cheers
Steve
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.