Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 2886045 Photo

38 posts

I want to copy and paste between projects. I don't know why this doesn't work. If I build something as an experiment in one window and then want to move it over to my main project, I can't.
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

DragonClaw wrote:
I want to copy and paste between projects. I don't know why this doesn't work. If I build something as an experiment in one window and then want to move it over to my main project, I can't.

You can use the "create component" feature and add it to your library for your completed experiment code snippet. Then open your main project, go to the library and add it to your page in the place of your choosing.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

DragonClaw wrote:

Indeed, we can't have multiple documents openend at the same time? That's so odd. I can't even come up with an app that doesn't let you open multiple documents ... so here's another feature request.

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2883 Photo

12 posts

Don't know if there's any way to do this, but if not, consider this a feature request!
I have a client who uses a particular font and wants it used across a number of websites. No problem, I just use @font-face, except I can't see anyway of doing this in RSD. Anyone care to enlighten me?
User 2792467 Photo

161 posts

STEFKE wrote:
Dear Support

Question 1
Add this features and improvements for edit html5, css3 and js:
HTML code
CSS3 code
JS code
In the RSD, RFF, RBB Applications
Summary code editors for html5, css3 and js

Question 2
Import html5
Import css3
Import js

Thanks

I have seen numerous similar requests but I guess it will be virtually impossible to implement editing or importing html and css in RSD.
Reason is that I suspect RSD to generate html and css based on user settings (everything added and changed in the layout, content, design and settings panels). It does not store these user settings as html and css files, but in another file format. RSD generates html and css on the fly for preview in your browser or saves the generated html and css in the export folder.

It would be difficult to edit files that do not exist yet or import html and css files and convert those files into the RSD file formats and merge with the existing RSD files. Even if it could, a whole slew of new problems would arise from possible conflicting settings, unknown or unsupported html and css.

I guess RSD is not designed to have the flexibility to cover the whole spectrum of - on one hand - code / import all possible css, html, java, php manually and - on the other hand - generate websites with all functionality one could think of, just by clicking on a wishlist. And then mix all that.
The holy grail one could only dream of.:P

Eindhoven :: Netherlands

It's easy to see, once you see it.
User 2530125 Photo

27 posts

Difficult Inspector (moving items into container)
I'm not sure if this bug has been mentioned. I'm on a Mac and I find it very difficult to move items into a container. I get what's happening when I move a item just underneath the container and the line becomes a bit thicker... that's when it will be moved inside the container. But I find it increasingly difficult to get that to happen. If this was to be a bug fix I would recommend that when you move the item ON TOP of the container, it hilights as a block... like a drag and drop on top of the name. That would be so much better.

Go a step further and where it says container, possibly the NAME of the container can be attached in brackets or something....
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

The ability to adjust containers, elements, etc, directly in the grid instead of having to do it piecemeal in edits would be a great help!
Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!
User 2642157 Photo

12 posts

A minor item - but I wasted a lot of time trying to find out how to change a page name. Pages / Manage Project provides no indication that you can change the page name by double clicking on the listed page. Either explicit instructions for that or change the font of the page name to indicate that it is clickable - would be an easy and nice bit of assistance. Thanks.
User 2473003 Photo

31 posts

Merging - importing RSD projects into one.
In my infinite wisdom I created several projects for one website, each to live in subdirectories. In hindsight I wish I had created the one project. My suggestion is to have a merge/import ability to combine multiple RSD projects.
User 53435 Photo

79 posts

Newest build (2349) still does not appear to address simple concerns raised previously (like being able to see the image filename in full in the design page for the selected image).
However, has anyone played with the favicon stuff to see what it renders?
I normally put a code block in the head section in the settings pane for the 3 size png icons. I am hoping that it does this.

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="/favicon-32x32.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="96x96" href="/favicon-96x96.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="/favicon-16x16.png">

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.