Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 53435 Photo

79 posts

A quick test shows the language setting sets the language attribute of the <html> tag.
<html lang="en-AU">
However no other mechanism to insert other attributes here?

The favicon setting is fairly basic, no mechanism to set multiple sized icons as far as I can tell.
<link rel="icon" href="./favicon.png" type="image/png">

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,510 posts

We have seen before that when a new feature is introduced, it is at first kind of basic. So if we keep coming up with good suggestions, they may be incorporated by and by.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2864332 Photo

1 post

I would like to be able to import and old site. I have an HTML site, originally built in front page, that has over 1000 pages, so I cannot manually recreate them all. It would take a lifetime.
User 2810528 Photo

19 posts

I understand your frustration..the issue of maximum pages in coffecup is what keeps me from using it as I wanted to.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Not to mention ... features that all ready are present in web development apps for the last decade or so.

- A Maximum on site-pages?
- A flat site structure?
- A crappy 'embedded resources' management?

I've never encountered these limitations ever (!) before until I started using Coffeecup software. Besides about a dozen major pet peeves the app itself is just great.

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Dear support

My whishes for all the products RFF, RBB and RSD

- More components
- More themes
- Buildin HTML editor, CSS editor, JS editor such like Bootstrap Studio

Thanks
Stephane
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 2040390 Photo

95 posts

Please provide a pop-up tool-tip for image file names

File names are truncated in both the design column and the Project Resources window. Take this example - ISS006-E-30918 R9j-12. In the Project Resources window, it truncates after 30918 and is followed by an ellipsis. In the design window, it is /Pinacate/ISS006-E-30918%20, the last three because of the space character.

The last few characters of my file names show what I have done to them. The 12 in this case shows the file to be 1200 px wide, important for design.

It would be nice to be able to refresh the Project Window. Adding and removing files is awkward, especially when removing since the entire file name is NOT shown.
User 2832739 Photo

1 post

There should be a user option to shut off autosave.
User 53435 Photo

79 posts

Stonecherub wrote:
Please provide a pop-up tool-tip for image file names

File names are truncated in both the design column and the Project Resources window. Take this example - ISS006-E-30918 R9j-12. In the Project Resources window, it truncates after 30918 and is followed by an ellipsis. In the design window, it is /Pinacate/ISS006-E-30918%20, the last three because of the space character.

The last few characters of my file names show what I have done to them. The 12 in this case shows the file to be 1200 px wide, important for design.

It would be nice to be able to refresh the Project Window. Adding and removing files is awkward, especially when removing since the entire file name is NOT shown.

I have been asking for this for some time.
Need to see the entire image filename in the design pane as well as the image resources selection. At this stage I see the path but not the image name. Not much use when you have multiple images with different sizes.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Something like this ...

rvanheukelum wrote:
Geoff Swan wrote:
RSD V2.1 Build 2121
Image selector window (project resources).
When selecting images, the names are truncated, which makes it difficult to guess which one is the correct one when filenames have the image size at the end of the filename, or different types (eg jpg or png). It would be useful at least to have a tooltip that shows the full filename when hovering over an image.
The images in the project resources view does not appear to be ordered by name.
If images are manually added or removed from the folders referenced in the project resources, they do not appear to be updated when viewing using the project resources selector.

Like this:

http://coffeecup.rvanheukelum.com/fw7-edit-resources.png

Just having a resources folder where the items are linked to, not embedded within the project, so when you update or alter resources you are prompted to update the links. This will keep stuff far more user-friendly.

– Richard

It would be very, VERY helpful if your resources won't get included into your document. As soon as your original resource gets updated or changed, there's no way RSD would know.
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.