WFB working with PHP 8? - Post ID 303267

User 2699991 Photo

4,836 posts
Online Now

Howard Burbank wrote:
Any news on an update of WFB that will work with PHP 8.xx.

No more than had already been posted
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 303515 Photo

7 posts

Looks like they've released version 2.20.

Not super happy about the cost increase, but it looks like they've added features.
Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important. T.S. Eliot
User 2624719 Photo

274 posts
Online Now

Hi Diana

What new features apart from PHP 8 supported ? if you don't mind telling us as we have no change log to see them on.

Kind regards
Adrian
User 303515 Photo

7 posts

Hi Adrian.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I was just going off the description on the site ... https://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/

The "Feature Roadmap" at the bottom of the page lists some things I don't recall being in previous versions.
Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important. T.S. Eliot
User 2140875 Photo

372 posts

CC shows many features supported, but most that I see are already available.

Also, when I see this in the list of fully supported features:

"Use your own PHP server but have your hosting provider upgrade it to PHP 5.3, alright?"

It really makes me wonder what is going on.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

Galen Garretson wrote:

"Use your own PHP server but have your hosting provider upgrade it to PHP 5.3, alright?"
It really makes me wonder what is going on.

To me that seems a long list of features that haven't been updated for ages. And certainly overlooked this time - again. The new WFB version works with PHP versions up to 8.3.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2140875 Photo

372 posts

Galen Garretson wrote:
Not sure what is happening with my forms. All of a sudden, I get an error message " Your form could not be submitted for the following reason(s): Failed to send an email to (it lists the email address of the person who filled the form out and then the notification email address).

I've attached a screen shot.

I thought for sure it would be the PHP version problem everyone has been talking about. I checked the hosting server and it is set to PHP version 7.4.33.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

From a previous post I made in this thread. Was never able to resolve this issue, even with the help of Wayan.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Or is it just me and my hosting service?

Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

4,836 posts
Online Now

Galen Garretson wrote:
Galen Garretson wrote:
Not sure what is happening with my forms. All of a sudden, I get an error message " Your form could not be submitted for the following reason(s): Failed to send an email to (it lists the email address of the person who filled the form out and then the notification email address).

I've attached a screen shot.

I thought for sure it would be the PHP version problem everyone has been talking about. I checked the hosting server and it is set to PHP version 7.4.33.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

From a previous post I made in this thread. Was never able to resolve this issue, even with the help of Wayan.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Or is it just me and my hosting service?

Are you using the newversion of WFB if so have you checked the user config settings (Login username;password'secure etc
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2140875 Photo

372 posts

Wayan,
I downloaded the trial version but in the help section it says it is Version 2.10 Build 5575. I did not see any of those configuration settings in the trial version.

Thought the trial version would give me the answer but does not seem it is a trial version of 2.20 and the trial version does not allow one to export the form for publishing on a hosting service. Only publishing to the S-Drive.

Can you send me a screen shot of that configuration page? I might go ahead and upgrade if it appears that the issue might be taken care of.

Thanks.

User 2699991 Photo

4,836 posts
Online Now

Galen Garretson wrote:
Wayan,
I downloaded the trial version but in the help section it says it is Version 2.10 Build 5575. I did not see any of those configuration settings in the trial version.

Thought the trial version would give me the answer but does not seem it is a trial version of 2.20 and the trial version does not allow one to export the form for publishing on a hosting service. Only publishing to the S-Drive.

Can you send me a screen shot of that configuration page? I might go ahead and upgrade if it appears that the issue might be taken care of.

Thanks.

When you export it to your project file it creates a folder (name of WFB ) inside that folder you will see a php file 'user-config thats the one you need configure for your email account settings

I have lost your email otherwise I would havebeen able to send you a short how to video
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.